Sometimes, you just need to get to the point. And that’s what this blog is about—what is the point of making a digital transformation? I’m not going to lie—it is a huge undertaking, and it’s expensive. It will also fundamentally change how you do business in a multitude of ways, so there better be a big upside, right?
Here are six reasons it’s worth the time, effort, and expense for manufacturing companies to implement a digital transformation...
Why Digital Transformation Is a Worthy Investment for Manufacturing Firms
- Enhance your customer service level. We’ve entered a new manufacturing age of mass customization, and it will soon become a commoditized capability...as will the ability to make changes on the fly without incurring significant extra costs. Therefore, having centralized real-time visibility into the status of your machines and workers is becoming a must-have to stay competitive.
- Respond quicker to compliance issues. In the future, regulations will only get more strict, and having in-depth, up-to-the-second visibility on your operations will allow you to save on costs and respond quicker to regulatory issues, such as product traceability and supplier quality.
- Cultivate a more innovative culture. As key people may often be in different buildings or timezones, the value of having a centralized platform for presenting, editing, revising, sharing, and archiving ideas cannot be understated. A digital transformation can revolutionize communication and collaboration...and you'll never know how great for business that could be until you actually do it.
- Full, instant visibility. With immediate, automated status reports, managers can greatly reduce the time they need to plan for the next shift, and documentation can be found quickly. Information can also be presented within workflows on the shop floor.
- Improve security. A paperless information management system allows for multiple layers of records backup and tiered, defined access according to roles and responsibilities.
- Reduce costs. The amount of paper that can accumulate between work orders, scheduling, reporting, and shop floor instructions is huge! Eliminating all (or 99 percent) of it will make operations exponentially smoother, reduce energy consumption, and raise employee morale. Organized or not, we can also scan all your paper files into a cloud-hosted database that can actually help your business, instead of just take up space and cost money to maintain.